- Prof. Antonello Monti, Ph.D.
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Societal Challenges
- Project duration:
- 01.05.2019 to 31.10.2022
- EU contribution:
- 7.940.098,26 euros
Indian and European Local Energy CommuniTies for Renewable Integration and the Energy Transition
An increasing role is foreseen in Europe for local energy communities (LECs) to speed up the grid integration of RES. To-day, the enabling role of DSOs in support of LECs is hampered by a lack of flexibility when planning cost-efficient LEC connections to their network at MV level, and by a lack of digitalization of the LV networks to make LEC’s smart prosumers benefit economically when serving the DSO flexibility needs. Four European DSOs (E.ON, ENEDIS, E.DIS, Güssing Stadtwerke) and an Indian DSO (TATA) have joined with IT-based, innovative product and solution providers, and technology and research centers, to demonstrate the combined roles of innovative functionalities serving the MV and LV networks, when implemented in 5 different regulatory regimes (Austria, France, Hungary, Germany, India- state of Delhi-).
For MV networks, a mobile storage concept at substation level is demonstrated in Hungary, Germany and Austria. It enables DSOs to reduce investment uncertainties, avoid hindering future renewables connection and foster the local use of flexibility with participating non-regulated market solutions (Demand Side Response-DR-).
- ENEDIS, France (Coordinator)
- Energie Güssing GmbH, Austria
- E.DIS Netz GmbH, Germany
- E.ON Észak-dunántúli Áramhálózati Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság, Hungary
- Diacheiristis Ellinikou Diktyou Dianomis Elektrikis Energeias AE, Greece
- Europäisches Zentrum für erneuerbare Energie Güssing GmbH, Austria
- Atos Spain SA, Spain
- Schneider Electric Industries SAS, France
- HYPERTECH (Chaipertek) Anonymos Viomichaniki Emporiki Etaireia Pliroforikis Kai Neon Technologion, Greece
- Odit-e, France
- VaasaETT Ltd. AB OY, Finland
- Merit Consulting House, Belgium
- Fundación CIRCE – Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos, Spain
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain